Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Where'd that water spot come from?

Or how we took three years and five figures to fix a leaky shower.

Fits and starts, blunders and all, it was worth it. Well, I think so. I'm not asking John.

:: hides the final tally::

Our house isn't new and it isn't old. It was built in '88, and while I love it and its location, it was built quickly. We couldn't expect perfection, because "Perfection takes time honey" (tm Clay Aiken). So it's time to pull out the checkbook and start fixing what's gone wrong.

Two years ago, long after we'd quit using the shower, we hired a bathroom designer. First mistake. She had a lot of ideas, few of them practical, and the only thing we got out of it was our first bill and these beautiful iridescent glass tiles:



I think I'm in love...



Technorati tags:

1 Comments:

At 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo, I love it!

In fact, I love those glass tiles so much I got some of my own. Yours are prettier and more colorful to be sure.

Looking forward to reading about your remodel. I bought this old house and the first thing I did was gut the bathroom. I created a very simple new one and wish I had spent more time and more energy researching... but hey, when you only have one bathroom, having it out of commission for very long isn't a good thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home