Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Big Push

Finally - the last bathroom remodel post!After he got the floor done, Bud had some other stuff to do for a week, so I had some time to paint, stain the trim, and install the lights.

When Bud came back, it all came together very quickly!
The cabinets, ordered through Lowe's, were from Insignia. They're not top of the line, but they look good and seem well constructed. I did have the nerve wracking job of drilling holes for the cabinet hardware, but they included an easy to use template.
Insignia also did a very quick job replacing a few parts that were damaged in shipment. The "secret drawer" front was a reworked damaged door, so that worked out nicely.

Click on the picture below for a better look at the glass tiles. I love the iridescence.
The window has the original wood trim. It's outside our usual "splash zone", but it's been double coated with polyurethane and sealed with a siliconized acrylic caulk, just in case.

Done!

Well, we're still missing the shower glass. Until we cough up three grand, it's a $5 shower rod matched with a $3 shower curtain for us. Hey, it works! It'll be a bit drafty in the winter, though.

I just love how the "secret" drawer came out! It's huge!

With all our starts and stops, waiting to get on the schedule of people I trusted, it took 9 months to "fix that leaky shower". I think it was well worth it!


Technorati Tags:

5 Comments:

At 1:54 AM, Blogger TheClayBlog said...

Very nice!!

 
At 3:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wee, it's finished. (almost!) I LOVE the glass tiles and the shower window! Ooo, the secret drawer is in the shower seat, which I also love. Cool!

 
At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks absolutely beautiful! Is that how much it costs for new shower glass now! Jeeze! was thinking of getting a new one as mine is so hard to clean as it has an indented design, not smooth but forget that! I love your secret drawer! What a brilliamt idea! You are much handier than I am though.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger webweaver said...

Nice looking bathroom! Well done!!!!

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Jemock said...

Oh wow! Beautiful!! Great pictures!

So, when can you come over and do my bathroom? Next week looks good for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home