Friday, August 25, 2006

Yeah! My wallet's back!

I mentioned at the bottom of this blog that I lost my wallet on the way to the Chicago airport back in July. It came back in today's mail! Well, not the actual wallet, but the contents. Okay, not all the contents, but some...like my license (which I replaced a month and a half ago), my credit card (cancelled a month and a half ago), and my parking ticket for the airport (I got my car out...a month and a half ago). The money? Gone. The actual wallet? Nope.

So while I feel I should write a thank you note, what do I say?

Dear friend,

Thank you so much for returning (the only bits of) my stuff (that are totally worthless)! You said you found it on the Number 66 bus, which is exactly where I lost it (back in July)! It means so much to me that there are honest people in the world! (but where's the cash?)

I hope you find the little wallet as useful as I did!



Other than that...I'm stuck. Where's Jemock when you need her?

2 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Blogger Jannet said...

Omg geekette and bwah! I mean why did they even bother?

Oh and BTW... you held your own with the comic timing on that one.

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Jemock said...

Hmmmm. Well, I supposed you could always send them a couple of MOAMs as a thank you. And ACAC. And a MCWL. And a couple of S'Ways. Put them on the CNN mailing list. Ask if they've ever met Clay. Or have any pictures of him. Ask if they have any of his socks. Yeah, that's the ticket. Ask if they have any of Clay's socks. That's the best way to say "thank you" that I know of.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home